CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

God Always Confirms

I just love when God confirms His promises and our prayers. He is such a big,loving God!

Thursday I asked everyone and God to give me peace over the weekend while my husband was out of town. It can get a little chaotic with a 2 1/2 year old and an 11 month old. I'm a planner by nature and well it is hard to really plan with little ones,something usually doesn't go as planned. When I read my verse for the day, it was John 14:27, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. I was just amazed. That quick,Lord? So I went to mark it off in the calender(it's a David Wilkerson verse calender that I love) and I was going to share the verse so I went to it again. At the time I wasn't paying attention to the number of the verse. The book actually had John 14:7 instead of verse 27. So I was like okay did I read the wrong one? But no I did not. God gave me that verse so I would know His peace was my peace. How awesome is that? It's been awhile since I have had God or that I have noticed God do something like that for me. I love Him so much,though I fail so much! Oh How he loves us,oh how He loves,how He loves us oh! I love that song! Sometimes I just weep while listening to it. Such a big God loves me. A number to the world,just a nobody. But to God I am a beautiful daughter of His!


Today At the Well in our study Makeover of the Heart, Tracy said something in her video that was later confirmed through scripture. She talked about how the devil was trying to steal her joy,but for my he tries to make me feel like God does not love me when bad or unexpected things happen,even small things. She said no weapon formed against me shall prosper,this verse I know by heart. I learned it years ago. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. Isaiah 54:17 Low and behold it is my verse for today. I have to start realizing God may allow things to happen,but it is to grow me closer to Him. The devil is the one who delights in evil things that happen to people,not God. God does not want bad to come to people,but when you are not His child you open yourself up to it more and even when you are His child bad things will happen. 


Which leads to the next verse that was in my 5 minute devotion.And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. II Corinthians 12:9 When things do happen,God's grace is extended to me and sufficient for me. All I have to do is call upon His name. God is so awesome! Words cannot describe how much He does care for us. Why would He give us little promises throughout the day and little reminders He is our Father, if He did not love us so much?


Yes,God's grace is always sufficient,and His arms are always open to give it. But,will our arms be open to receive it? -Beth Moore


God's saints in all ages have realized that God was enough for them. God is enough for all time; God is enough for eternity. God is enough!- Hannah Whitall Smith


Dear Lord, as I face the challenges of this day, You protect me. I thank You,Father, for Your love and for Your strength. I will lean upon You today and forever. Amen.

3 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I too am loving this study on the heart makeover. I so agree that the enemy wants to steal our joy. There's nothing like Scripture to remind us of who we are in Christ. Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.

Blessings,
Debbie

Sweetladyelaine said...

This is an awesome post! I can totally relate to the devil stealing our joy when we allow him too. It is so important to memorize scripture for this reason.
It is our fighting power! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and uplifting spirit.

Karen said...

Don't you just LOVE IT when God speaks to you so clearly like that!! He really does love us!