CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Writing A Little

It's been awhile since I have written at this blog. Things have gotten sort of busy around our home. I have updated a few times on my other blog Becoming A Titus 2 Woman,but not a lot. I just need to write some.

I am 6 days away from having my third child. Yes, 3rd,it takes me by surprise every now and then. It's my third boy too. That really takes me by surprise. How did me,the girly girl, end up with 3 little boys? God saw fit that's how. I really love it! I would never have thought I wanted 3 boys,but I love watching this little men grow. I will be going in for a schedule c-section the morning of Wednesday 29th. It will be my third one,but unlike the other two it's planned. I'm not nervous yet,but I am sure I will have some nervousness that morning,then again may be not.

Life will forever change again for my husband and I. We joke that every time we think we are out of the woods with the baby we get pregnant again. It's funny. Our first definitely wasn't planned 4 months into our marriage and well the other two weren't planned as far as are we ready for another? Do we want another now? It's what happens to married couples I am told. You reproduce your legacy. It'll be fun having that newborn around again. That smell. That touch. That feel of being their all in all. My 3 year old is growing up so much. He is starting to transition to Daddy's boy. I must admit there is a tad of sadness at times. Not that he wants his Daddy,but that he is growing up. He will be 18 before we know it. He is starting to really show his masculinity too. Yesterday, he said look at my muscles. Then, he kept on saying watch Mama what I can pick up and picking up anything he thought was deemed heavy. It was cute. My 20 month old is still a Mama's baby,but is picking Daddy to do more than he used too. He's following in brother's footsteps and of course wants to do everything Daniel does. What will I do when my last is all grown up? I'll be sad I know. It's strange how you wish the days away when they are so young,but when they are grown you wonder where the time went. The last few weeks I have been trying,key word trying, to just enjoy it being them two since I knew when Johnathan would arrive. I admit that is hard when you have 40 extra lbs,are very tired,stay hungry,and have no family near to relieve you. It's hard,very hard,but like I was telling my husband anything worth fighting for is the blood,sweat,and tears so to say. We are fighting for our boys and their lives. That may not make sense at first,but we are doing just that. There is an enemy who seeks to kill,steal,and destroy anyone he can. He doesn't care how old or young the prey is,just as long as he can do those three things. I admit too,it's so hard to remember to pray,pray,pray when you are neck deep in dishes,diapers,and whining children. When do you have the time? Where do you find the time? I've had to learn to adjust big time. I am a planner and well with kids really nothing stays how you plan it most of the time. I think it's just a way for God to help us let go of what we think is the right or perfect way. I hate when things do not go as I have planned out in my head,but I have been working on that too. I'm learning Mama sets the tone of the household whether she knows it or not.

With all the growing up they do comes more understanding of things. Daniel and I have some great talks about a lot of things. He remembers and will ask more questions. That is what I love. I feel like finally I am doing something worthwhile,in reality what we do before then is worthwhile too,but it may not feel like it. Meeting your baby's needs up until the point of pre-school age is very important. I can say I have met my 2 babies needs beyond that and it's not been easy,but it's been what I am called to do. Daniel likes to get his story book Bible out and pick a story and let me read it to him. We talk about the day Jesus will return too. Usually during supper I turn the radio on the local Christian station too and he loves that. I talk to him about serving God or serving the devil. He loves to hear about Jesus on the cross,but it makes him sad too. I explain to him if not for that we would have no personal connection with God. Of course, he doesn't understand it all,but it's stepping stone. We pray what we discuss with them at an early age will be itched in their hearts and mind as we continue to talk about more at different ages. It's really awesome. I love that part of being a Mom.  Another part I love is when Daniel tells me he loves my hair or my toes are pretty,meaning the polish. He randomly hugs me or says I love your spaghetti. Aaron is saying I love you now and it's so cute and sweet. So the hard,trying days are definitely worth it.

Your prayers would be appreciated next week as we go in for surgery. Peace of my family. My Mother will be coming to watch our boys while we are in the hospital and a little bit after to help out. I'll be sure to update and put some pictures up. If you have twitter and don't follow me,request too b/c I will have pictures on there. HeatherKae27 is my name. Thank you in advance for your prayers!

0 comments: