CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Did you think this is where you would be?

I'm editing and cropping pictures on my computer from December. As I look at them, I know I am blessed. My boys are so beautiful inside and out. Their eyes twinkle and sparkle. You can see adventure in their eyes and you can see love in them. Being a Mother is very hard sometimes,but it is so rewarding. There are days when I think what have I done?! Two kids under 2 and one on the way?? Then, I have these moments,I know it's not what I've done,but what God has done. He's blessed my husband and I with 2 vibrant children,boys to be exact. Now we are awaiting to know what our third child will be. It's weird to think when I was in high school God knew what laid ahead in my future specifically. Some people don't think God is a personal God,well He is. He's very personal. To the point He knows how many hairs are on my head and yours too.

He has a specific purpose for our lives I believe and a general purpose. I believe the general purpose is to come to know Christ as your Savior and to glorify God. For each person I do believe He has a specific plan. Some He wants to go to other countries and spread the good news of His Gospel. Others he wants them to work at places we think you may not share the Gospel, like Wal-Mart,Burger King,and so on. Then He has those like me, and many of you, who are to stay at home with your children and teach them His laws,Word,and statues. I remember growing up used to want to be a lawyer. It was my dream. I watched a lot of Matlock. :) I wanted that even until I was in high school. I did not want to be a wife or a Mother really. My Mom stayed home with us until I was in the 10th grade. Some unfortunate events happened and she had to go to work and bring in income. But in that God used her and still uses her to spread His Word to those she meets and works with. God knew she would have to go to work one day and since she was willing to be a light,He continues to bless her. I just never thought I would find the man of my dreams. Didn't we all want that? The guy who made us swoon. The one who said all the right things. I think most of us did.

After high school I waited 2 years before entering college. I met some people and begin attending a new church. There I think I really begin to trust God with all of my life. I had said a prayer at 10 asking Jesus into my heart,but I really did nothing after that. I really had no clue what it was like to live for God or be on fire with passion for the Lord. I did not have wild life,but I had no passion. I said vain prayers and wasted much of my time. In my early 20's I began to devour the Word. I would stay in my room for hours reading and highlighting and writing down passages. My Momma would come into check on me and see if I was alright. I then went on a mission trip that really rocked my world. I knew I was designed for a purpose and my heart went to missions. Three years went by and I had graduated from college and found the man of my dreams. Though he doesn't always say the right things,he does make me swoon. His love for me does not have to be shown with diamonds or flowers. It does not have to be in a Valentine's present each year with a dozen of roses. His love is shown for me through his hard work he does as a State Trooper;through his eyes as he tells me I love you; through how he takes care of our boys; through staying faithful to me even in a very tempting job environment. So I can say I would not have thought this is where I would be at age 27. I really thought I would be in the mission field fighting of diseases and bringing the Word to a foreign people. But like Psalms says,As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.Psalm 18:30. I love being a wife and Mother. I love staying at home. I love washing dishes and vacuuming (most of the time hehe..). I love what God has called me to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me smile. It's so crazy to see where God brings us. In high school I wanted to be a lawyer or an international journalist. Marriage and kids were not on the horizon for me and my eyes. Of course, my carelessness ended up with me pregnant very young and that changed a lot. But even after that, I was still so lost. It's so amazing when I look back and see how different I am now. God has worked so much on me and its my prayer He never stops! Love ya girl!

Erika said...

I can relate to the awe you feel looking back over your life and seeing what God has done and how, out of His abundant LOVE, He has sought you, molded you, and changed you. :)

My whole life for 20 years was worldly. I didn't even think there was a God, in fact I didn't even know who Jesus was. I could care less. I had big plans for myself...no marriage and definitely no kids, hot career, lots of wealth and importance. I could have never foreseen that by the time I graduated college I would have fallen in love with Jesus Christ and all "my" plans would start radically changing.

He is such an incredible and good God. He will never be praised enough!

LISA said...

It is amazing to look back and see God's divine providence in your life. So many times I have prayed for His will, even when I did not understand the present and certainly not the future. But looking back and seeing so clearly how he did what was best for my life...I am so thankful.

I had three little boys in three and a half years. The oldest two are thirteen months apart. I do miss those little years.